I just watched a great video about facebook advertising from Mr. Shoemoney - I trully recomend you to both watch his video at (link) and follow him and his blog. However, because its quite a long video (about 1 hour) I decided to make it a short text version but if you have time just go watch it its definatelly worth the time.
So here we go to the topics:
What is important in the facebook ads?
- Title – 10%
- Body – 20%
- Image – 80%
Facebook Ad Tips for the Ad Image
According to his own testings images are the single most important part of the ad – a great image will make all the difference in your CTR. The results of his own testing show that there are three maint categories of images that convert well:
- Boobs / Cleavage
- The rest
Facebook Ad Tips for the Ad Title
- Call to action
- Facebook feel
Facebook Ad Tips for the Ad Body
- Results – Notice that a feature can be something like “get your teeth whitened” but on the other hand result would be “feel better about yourself”
- Call action
Well when it comes to these two last groups of tips there are quite obvious and basic ones but still they are worth being mentioned. Now is the time when the “important par comes up”. One of the first questions that you will ask yourself is “CPC or CPM?” Well his answer would be “both” but on different times of the campaigns – and here I must agree with him. Start with CPC – “Why?” you might ask well the thing is that if your campaign sucks and nobody clicks on your ads then you did not spend any money! You should try to beat the house rate of $0.23 CPM
How to lower your CPC in your Facebook Advertising campaigns?
- Facebook Reporting – Just like in any other advertising platorm reports are extremelly important! Read your reports and interpret them correctly. This is worth spending your time.
- Fight the Frequency caping – here the trick he suggests is that instead of having one big campaing you can have many small ones that target “subgroups” of the “big campaign”.
- Day parting
- This is basically choosing when ur ads will be displayed and when they won’t.
- To do this correctly you shall analyze in what time of the day you are getting more clicks – to do so you can either creat your own script (or pay someone to do it for you) or you can use Google Analytics.
- The basic ida you must get from this is: learn when ur ads get clicks and don’t let them run when they are not getting clicked on.
When your campaigns are good and optimized then you must/should flip them to CPM. The reason is quite simple – you will spend less (20 to 35%).
And as in many campaign or basically anything online you must be patient!
Thank you for reading this article. Please feel free to leave a comment or contact me.Thank you for reading this article. Please feel free to leave a comment or contact me.